Motorcycle accidents frequently leave riders with severe injuries. No matter what happened, you should speak with a Port Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. about your legal rights. You need to make sure you receive the financial compensation you deserve, and an experienced lawyer can help ensure the insurance companies do not take advantage of you.
Important Information for Injured Motorcycle Riders in Port Charlotte
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, there are many things you need to know. Here are five important facts about seeking financial compensation after a motorcycle accident in Port Charlotte:
- You will have to prove your right to compensation. The insurance companies are not simply going to pay what you are owed. It is up to you to make sure you receive just compensation. That said, we encourage you to seek help from our knowledgeable Port Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer who is well-prepared to fight on your behalf.
- Get the legal help you need so you can avoid mistakes. If you make mistakes while seeking financial compensation for your motorcycle accident (like sharing too much information with the insurance companies, for instance), you could end up without the compensation you deserve.
- Your medical bills and repair bills are not your only losses. Serious motorcycle losses can lead to missed time from work, pain and suffering, and other losses. These losses should all be included in your claim for compensation.
- You only have one opportunity to file a claim. If you settle your claim for less than the full amount you are owed, you won’t be able to go back and ask for more.
- You can hire a Port Charlotte motorcycle accident lawyer at no out-of-pocket cost. With our contingency-fee representation, you pay nothing unless you win.
There are several steps you will need to take to secure just compensation for your accident-related injuries. Here are five steps you should take as soon as possible after suffering injuries in a high-side or low-side motorcycle accident:
- See a doctor. If you have not done so already, you should see a doctor right away. We can refer you to an appropriate specialist in the Port Charlotte area.
- Take notes. Write down everything you can remember about the accident. The more details, the better.
- Keep your riding gear and records. If you have damaged riding gear from the accident, do not throw it away. Keep copies of your medical records and communications from your insurance company in a safe place.
- Report the accident. You should report the accident to your insurance company (but do not give a recorded statement until you contact us). If the police did not respond to the crash scene, you should file a report with the police as well. We can help you with these steps if you prefer.
- Talk to a lawyer. The best way to protect yourself after a motorcycle accident in Port Charlotte is to talk to a lawyer. We provide free consultations, and you can contact us 24/7.
Talk to a Port Charlotte Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Should you or a loved one be injured in a motorcycle accident because of the negligence of another, after seeking medical attention, please contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. If we represent you, our Port Charlotte motorcycle accident law team will conduct a thorough investigation and negotiate with insurance companies. If the insurance companies do not settle, we will seek an alternative dispute resolution through mediation or arbitration. We may need to file a lawsuit and represent you in a trial. All along the way, we are here to represent you with compassion.
We represent people involved in numerous types of personal injury and wrongful death accidents in Port Charlotte and throughout the state of Florida. All our clients have unique personal injury cases. Our firm provides personal contact and communication along with aggressive representation. We are available 24/7, and there are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for you, If you need to speak with a Port Charlotte motorcycle accident attorney, we encourage you to contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A.. Call 941-764-7748 or contact us online to discuss your legal rights in confidence today.