At Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., our practice is focused on representing victims of car accidents and personal injury accident claims. Our experienced personal injury team has successfully represented injured victims in Florida for more than 25 years. If you have been injured or seriously hurt, or had a loved one killed in a car accident, let an experienced Florida car accident lawyer at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. help you with your insurance and legal claims so you can recover appropriate financial compensation for your accident-related damages.
What Are the Most Frequent Types of Car Accidents?
There are many types of car accidents -- some more damaging than others. The most frequent types include:
- Head-on collisions, where two cars run directly into each other. These accidents are particularly damaging because of the combined force of both vehicles.
- So-called "T-bone" collisions, where the front of one car strikes the side of another vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions, where one car runs into the back of another vehicle. These are common in chain-reaction multiple-vehicle accidents, usually found on congested highways during rush hour.
- Rollover accidents, where one car rolls over, often the result of taking corners too fast.
- Side-swipe collisions, where one car's side collides with another car's side. These accidents are exceptionally dangerous if you are sitting on the side of the vehicle that gets struck.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Vehicle Collisions?
Car accidents can be caused by any number of factors, or often some combination of factors. However, the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, which causes more than its fair share of car accidents and happens when a driver is distracted by cell phone use, eating, drinking, reaching for items that have fallen inside the car, interacting with passengers, and adjusting various types of controls within the car
- Impaired driving or, in other words, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, even prescription drugs
- Manufacturing defects
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Failing to properly maintain the vehicle mechanically
- Aggressive driving and/or road rage
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Street racing
- Changing lanes too closely or quickly
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Driving the wrong way
- Failing to observe construction zones
- Inclement weather
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car crash, we know that, depending on the severity of the collision, you and your family may be suffering from physical, financial and emotional issues. However, you do not have to deal with any of the devastation on your own. A Florida car accident lawyer is here to help you.
Contact a Florida Car Accident Lawyer if You've Been Involved in a Car Accident in Florida
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, contact Attorney Randall Spivey at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. online or by phone at 888-477-4839. An experienced Florida car accident lawyer can help you handle all of your claims. We represent people involved in numerous types of car accidents in Southwest Florida and throughout the state of Florida. All of our clients have unique personal injury cases. Our firm provides personal contact and communication along with aggressive representation. There are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for accident victims.