At Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., our practice is focused on representing victims of car accidents and personal injury accident claims. Our experienced personal injury team has successfully represented injured victims in Florida for more than 25 years. If you have been injured or seriously hurt, or had a loved one killed in a car accident, let an experienced Florida car accident lawyer at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. help you with your insurance and legal claims so you can recover appropriate financial compensation for your accident-related damages.
What Are the Most Frequent Types of Car Accidents?
There are many types of car accidents -- some more damaging than others. The most frequent types include:
- Head-on collisions, where two cars run directly into each other. These accidents are particularly damaging because of the combined force of both vehicles.
- So-called "T-bone" collisions, where the front of one car strikes the side of another vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions, where one car runs into the back of another vehicle. These are common in chain-reaction multiple-vehicle accidents, usually found on congested highways during rush hour.
- Rollover accidents, where one car rolls over, often the result of taking corners too fast.
- Side-swipe collisions, where one car's side collides with another car's side. These accidents are exceptionally dangerous if you are sitting on the side of the vehicle that gets struck.
All types of car accidents can lead to serious injuries. If you have been injured in a collision in Florida, you should contact Spivey Law Firm for help. At Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., we rely on over 25 years of experience to seek maximum compensation for our clients’ losses. We can deal with the insurance companies to prove the long-term costs of your car accident, and to make sure you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Vehicle Collisions?
Car accidents can be caused by any number of factors, or often some combination of factors. However, the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving, which causes more than its fair share of car accidents and happens when a driver is distracted by cell phone use, eating, drinking, reaching for items that have fallen inside the car, interacting with passengers, and adjusting various types of controls within the car
- Impaired driving or, in other words, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, even prescription drugs
- Manufacturing defects
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Failing to properly maintain the vehicle mechanically
- Aggressive driving and/or road rage
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
- Street racing
- Changing lanes too closely or quickly
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Driving the wrong way
- Failing to observe construction zones
- Inclement weather
Who (or What Company) is Liable for Your Florida Car Accident?
Once we determine what caused your car accident, our next step is deciding who (or what company) is responsible. While most car accident cases involve claims for auto insurance coverage, this isn’t necessarily the only option. Other companies could be liable as well; and, if multiple companies are liable for your losses, we may need to file multiple claims to help you recover full compensation.
Depending on the circumstances involved, the companies that may be liable for your car accident include:
- Your Auto Insurance Company – Since Florida is a “no fault” auto insurance state, your first option (and your only option in some instances) is to file a claim under your own personal injury protection (PIP) policy. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage, you may also be able to use this coverage.
- The Other Driver’s Auto Insurance Company – If you suffered a “significant” or “permanent” injury in the crash, you can file an auto insurance claim outside of PIP. If the other driver has liability insurance (and he or she was at fault in the crash), you should be able to file a claim under the other driver’s policy.
- The Other Driver’s Employer – If the other driver was working at the time of the accident, his or her employer could be liable for your accident-related losses. Florida law holds companies legally accountable when their employees cause accidents while driving within the scope of their employment.
- A Vehicle Manufacturer – Some accidents and accident-related injuries result from automotive defects. If an issue with your car (or another driver’s car) played a role in your crash, then the manufacturer could be liable.
- Another Third Party – From bars that serve underage drivers to passengers who distract drivers while behind the wheel, various third parties can also be responsible for car accidents. When we investigate your car accident, we will examine all possible causes to ensure that we seek to hold all liable parties accountable.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car crash, we know that, depending on the severity of the collision, you and your family may be suffering from physical, financial and emotional issues. However, you do not have to deal with any of the devastation on your own. A Florida car accident lawyer is here to help you.
Why Choose Spivey Law Firm When You Need a Florida Car Accident Lawyer?
There are many Florida car accident lawyers, so why should you choose our firm? Here are just some of the reasons why accident victims trust us with their claims:
- We handle cases throughout Florida. No matter where your accident occurred, we can fight to make sure you receive just compensation.
- We handle all types of car accident cases. Whether you have an auto insurance claim or a claim against a vehicle manufacturer, we have the experience required to assert your legal rights.
- We provide personalized legal representation. We will focus on securing maximum compensation for your losses based on the unique circumstances of your case.
- We are available day and night. When you need to get in touch with a skilled Florida car accident lawyer, we are here day or night to help you throughout your recovery.
- We have a proven track record of success. We have recovered well over $100 million in compensation for our clients.
Our Florida Car Accident Cases & Results
At Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., our case results speak for themselves. Here are some examples of the settlements and verdicts we have secured for our clients:
- $40 million jury verdict secured for a client who suffered serious injuries in a drunk driving accident.
- $10.5 million settlement secured for a client who suffered severe burns in a Florida car accident.
- $7.75 million judgment secured for a client who suffered traumatic brain injuries in a drunk driving accident.
- $6.9 million jury verdict secured for a client who suffered multiple fractures in a drunk driving accident.
- $3.5 million settlement secured for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a car accident caused by faulty road construction in Florida.
See more examples of our settlements and verdicts.
You Pay Nothing Out-of-Pocket for Our Legal Representation
We handle all Florida car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means (i) your initial consultation is completely free, (ii) you do not have to pay a retainer, and (iii) you do not have to pay monthly legal bills. There are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for you.
Contact a Florida Car Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Today
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, contact Attorney Randall Spivey at Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. online or by phone at 888-477-4839. An experienced Florida car accident lawyer can help you handle all of your claims. We represent people involved in numerous types of car accidents in Southwest Florida and throughout the state of Florida. All of our clients have unique personal injury cases. Our firm provides personal contact and communication along with aggressive representation. There are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for accident victims.