Involved in an Intersection Crash? Our Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Intersections are among the deadliest traffic locations. Motorists cross each other’s paths from every direction and at high rates of speed. One error can easily result in a high-speed collision. Fortunately, an experienced Fort Myers car accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries following an intersection accident, Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. can help. Our firm is exclusively dedicated to personal injury recovery in Fort Myers and across Florida. We have substantial experience with complex auto accident claims and will work diligently to recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Intersection Crashes Occur
Motorists have a duty to drive with care and to identify and react appropriately to dangers on the roadway. This responsibility is especially crucial when approaching an intersection because of the particular susceptibility to accidents at these traffic spots. Motorists and passengers are equally at risk of injury whether they are waiting at a light or traveling through the intersection. Unfortunately, many of these types of crashes are caused by driver errors and negligence.
Common causes of intersection accidents include:
- Turning despite having an obstructed view
- Misjudging the speed of an oncoming car
- Driver distractions, such as texting, talking on the phone or reading directions
- Taking a yellow or red light, failing to yield or failing to come to a complete stop
- Driving too fast in rainy conditions, resulting in skidding when applying brakes
- Falsely assuming that the other driver will continue through the intersection
Types of Intersection Accidents
Just as there are many reasons contributing to intersection accidents, there are several types of intersection crashes, including:
- T-bone crashes: Generally, occur when one motorist disobeys traffic rules and speeds through an intersection as another car is passing through.
- Illegal left turn crashes: Often involve a motorist turning in front of another car, truck or motorcycle.
- Rear-end crashes: Typically, rear-end intersection collisions occur when a driver is speeding and unable to stop in time to avoid hitting vehicles ahead of them, or due to general driver distraction.
Determining Liability Following an Intersection Crash
The crucial question following an intersection crash is who had the right to occupy a particular space at a given moment in time. Our lawyers have significant experience investigating the answer to this important question. We carefully investigate the accident scene, review videos of the crash and interview witnesses to determine who was at fault in an intersection crash.
Get the Help You Need From an Experienced Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer
Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. fights to secure victims the maximum possible monetary recovery in auto accident claims. Contact us to schedule an appointment with Fort Myers car accident lawyer Randall L. Spivey to learn more about your rights in an intersection crash claim. Your first appointment is free and we handle your claim on contingency, so you do not owe us attorneys’ fees unless we recover.
More Helpful Information
Fox4 News reported in November 2019 that the number of fatal pedestrian accidents is a growing concern in Florida. A Florida legislator is pushing for legislation that may make it safer to cross the street.
The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center said in their research brief, “An Overview of Automated Enforcement Systems and Their Potential for Improving Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety” that, “Data on the total number of bicyclist and pedestrian injuries and deaths as a result of traffic crashes reveals persistent problems.”