Florida law protects the public from accidents on private property by holding property owners responsible for damages that may arise from an injury on their property. Property owners must make a reasonable effort to maintain a safe environment for visitors. If they do not and an accident occurs, the accident victim may file a premises liability lawsuit against them.
Premise liability cases are common and wide-ranging. The 4 most common premise liability cases are:
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Millions of accident victims visit emergency rooms every year. The National Floor Safety Institute says, “Falls account for over 8 million hospital emergency room visits, representing the leading cause of visits (21.3%). Slips and falls account for over 1 million visits or 12% of total falls."
- Poor Property Maintenance – Typically, visitors are injured because an owner does not maintain his/her property. These accidents can be caused by cracked or slippery flooring, uneven transition surfaces, poor construction, and unsafe objects on the property, among just a few examples.
- Parking Lot Accidents – Poor parking lot lighting may cause visitor accidents, such as slip and fall accidents and assaults. 12 News reported that a woman was attacked in a Boynton Beach, Florida parking lot in July 2021. The attacker was later arrested.
- Construction Site Accidents – Poor marking of construction areas can create dangers for pedestrians and others. Construction sites need to be properly blocked off or have adequate warning signs of potential dangers.
Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. represents victims of all premise liability scenarios including slip and fall accidents, industrial hazards, and inadequate security. Here are a few of the many cases our experienced Fort Myers personal injury legal team has handled:
- A settlement was obtained for a Naples woman who suffered a brain injury and broken hip in a fall accident that occurred when she was knocked down by a broken door.
- A settlement was obtained for an elderly fall accident victim who received a head injury when she fell as a result of a defective staircase in Sarasota.
- A settlement was obtained for a fall accident victim who suffered a broken arm when she fell on a greasy and slippery floor in a restaurant in Punta Gorda.
- A settlement was obtained for a trip and fall accident victim who fractured her right shoulder when she fell as a result of a fuel measuring stick carelessly laid across a sidewalk in Sarasota.
"Should you or a loved one be injured because of the negligence of another, after seeking medical attention, please contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. We are available 24/7 to assist you, and there are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for you,” said Fort Myers Premise Liability Lawyer Randall Spivey.
Fort Myers Personal Injury Lawyer Randall L. Spivey is a Board Certified Trial Attorney – the highest recognition for competence bestowed by the Florida Bar and a distinction earned by just one percent (1%) of Florida attorneys. He has handled over 2,000 personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Florida. For a free and confidential consultation to discuss your legal rights, contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., in Lee County at 239.337.7483 or toll-free at 1.888.477.4839, or by email to Randall@SpiveyLaw.com. Visit SpiveyLaw.com for more information. You can contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. in Charlotte County at 941.764.7748 and in Collier County at 239.793.7748.