A Fort Myers car accident attorney knows that being involved in a vehicle accident may cause injuries and vehicle damage, along with stress and confusion. If you are involved in an accident where the other driver leaves the scene, this is called a hit-and-run accident, and it is even more stressful, according to a Fort Myers car accident attorney. Knowing what to do before an accident occurs is important. The following should be done:
- Safely Pull Over – If possible, move your vehicle out of traffic to prevent further accidents.
- Call the Police – After pulling over, immediately call the police to report the accident even if you do not have a description or license number of the vehicle that hit you.
- Seek Medical Attention – If you or anyone else is injured, seek medical attention immediately. You may need a long-term prognosis from the doctor, which can project the kind of rehabilitation and ongoing medical care and treatment you may need.
- Look for Witnesses – If there are any witnesses, write down their names and contact information, along with any specific information they may have which could identify the hit-and-run driver or add information about the accident. This information can be included by the police in their accident report.
- Look for Evidence – It can be particularly important to take photos from all angles of your vehicle showing the damage. Also, include photos of the area where the accident occurred. Also, write down anything you can remember regarding what happened before and after the crash, along with any details about the other vehicle. The make, model, color, and/or anything from the license plate, including the state, may be helpful. Remembering where the hit-and-run driver was situated relative to your position may also be important. Evidence is important, especially in a hit-and-run accident.
- Contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. – We have the experienced legal team that can assist with hit-and-run accident cases and lead you through the process.
“There are no costs or attorney fees until we receive a monetary recovery for you. We represent people involved in numerous types of personal injury and wrongful death accidents throughout the state of Florida. All of our clients have unique personal injury cases. Our firm provides personal contact and communication along with aggressive representation. We are available when you need us, 24/7,” said Fort Myers Car Accident Attorney Randall Spivey.
Fort Myers Car Accident Attorney Randall Spivey is a Board Certified Trial Attorney – the highest recognition for competence bestowed by the Florida Bar and a distinction earned by just one percent (1%) of Florida attorneys. He has handled over 2,000 personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout Florida. For a free and confidential consultation to discuss your legal rights, contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A., in Lee County at 239.337.7483 or toll-free at 1.888.477.4839, or by email to Randall@SpiveyLaw.com. Visit SpiveyLaw.com for more information. You can contact Spivey Law Firm, Personal Injury Attorneys, P.A. in Charlotte County at 941.764.7748 and in Collier County at 239.793.7748.